f

Wednesday 27 June 2012

Jean Paul Gaultier Tribute Review

So yesterday afternoon the new Jean Paul Gaultier Tribute was released - as soon as I knew the next Tribute would be his, I was super exited as he is known for his quite out-there designs(yes, a part of me was secretly hoping for a Madonna cone bra!)
I think the store presentation and quality of the items was very good, I also think they did keep to the original designs well. The collection is based on both the Spring 2012 RTW and also the Spring 2012 Couture(dubbed the Amy Winehouse Tribute) - there is a good mix of both, and also a good variety of styles featured, which makes is easy for everyone to find something they like.
For me, I thought the shoes in general were quite weak, although there are many pairs to choose from. I didn't really find any that suited me or went with the more everyday-chic outfits that I wear(compared to his expresive designs.) however they are quite nice and I'm sure some of you have the perfect style for them! The accessories were my favourite(this seems to be a running theme with me and Tribute stores!), I bought the headbands, glasses and belts as soon as I saw them!
My favourite piece of clothing is the Thespian Chic Blouse for 19SD's:
I think it's a great piece, combining both traditional and modern stylings. It's amazing versatile, I've seen it worn in so many different ways on Stardoll, making it great value for money. At 19SD's, I don't see it as that expensive, and it could easily be a highly valued piece later in time.
Right now I'm loving wearing my blouse with a maxi skirt, but I think it would also look great with some high-waisted skinny jeans and heels.
So what do you think of the collection and do you guys have any favourite pieces?

No comments:

Post a Comment