f

Saturday 13 July 2013

TTT Fashion Weekend - Day 2 Releases!

Tonight was the second night of TTT Fashion Weekend and we sure had a fantastic show put on for us - on with the reviews!!!

#1 Acid
The first release for tonight was another StarDesign line, this on by hollyoaksrocks*! This is a set of 2 prints with a very retro/90's feel to them, and they are presented on a selection of tops, along with dresses and jeans. Right from the first moment of release the pieces were all flying off the shelves, particularly the pink/blue/yellow print, which I managed to get my hands on in the form of the jeans! If I'm being honest I do think the collection was priced a bit high, the jeans I bought were 18SD's, personally I think the bench point for these would be 14SD's as that's making a profit, but also making them affordable - still, it's just my opinion, you guys might not agree. I plan on styling my jeans in a post on Monday with the other StarDesign collection items that I have bought, so look forward to that then!

#2 Hysteria
Second release of the night comes from Martusia_144 =) This is an intimate collection of clothing(mainly dresses) which fit together nicely. There is presence of chains running through each look holding the line together, which is great and along with the background, pulls the line into a collection. Kasey says her thoughts were a modern take on Native American, but personally I don't see any Native American at all, I think Native American would make a fab line though! Again personally, I don't like the line that much, I'm not sure what it is that I can't connect with it, but something just doesn't click for me - I'm not sure if it's the graphic style, or the theme, or something else, but I can't place my finger on it -sorry, it's just my personal opinion! But it's clear a lot of effort went in, so well done!

#3 Risque
The first magazine of the night is Risque and was put together by emmahunt4! This is the second issue of Risque, and I think it has the same quality as the first. It's good to see it sticking with it's original feature of having a variety of graphic designers, and it means we saw some new talents in this issue (welcome to the graphic world newbies!), but for me all the designers should be of roughly a same standard, I particularly noted this when it came to Jack's photo shoot by Lana, which was of much higher level than the others. It looked amazing, so it made me wonder if the magazine could have been stunning if it were filled with that level of graphics. There is a great mix of graphics and articles, both showing trends and fashion and both being presented well. The cover is a nice idea having 5 models and obviously took a lot of work - but for me it seems too much like an advert and not very cover-y =/ I've shown a couple of my favourite pages below =) And I really hope Risque continues producing in the future!

#4 Spice Couture
This line is brought to us by rafi101 =) The line is based on the fairytale of Snow White, which I absolutely love, but unfortunately I don't see it wholly translated into the line as I see a prominence of the queen more than anything else. I definitely think the idea could work as a couture line but for me, it's really not worked in this instance as I don't see the line as couture. The designs are quite cute, and would definitely appeal to a younger audience, and the details are fab, I really love the shoes in the graphic above, sparkles always attract my eye, and also my heart! For me, this is the sort of thing I guess that I expected of Spice, I feel Rafi's style and graphics are quite solid and I guess it was predictable, which was maybe why I wasn't really psyched to see the line =/ Nevertheless there has been a great effort put into the collection and definitely thought went into the background for the line =)

#5 Trendy Magazine
The 5th and final release for the night was TRENDY, by Pau.Cam.Arena! I was definitely sad to find out that this was the last issue, I definitely think it was heading right into success, however they had a great run and should be proud of their work! I really liked this magazine, from the content to the layout, I think it worked well and also flowed nicely. The one thing I didn't like so much was the nature of the cover, I think it was nice to show off Euphoria(Pau.Cam.Arena's other success), but for me it wasn't right, and rather than being 'trendy', it verged a little toward trashy =/ I did like the majority of the other pages(small selection shown below) and think they really came across nicely and looked fab in the magazine! Great job!

---

So that's my 5 reviews for tonights releases in TTT Fashion Weekend!!! I was at the party for a little while and everyone had a good time waiting for the releases and listening to some music =)
Tomorrow night the party starts at 7:00PM(UK time) and we are expected to see releases from X Apparel, Eamonn Collins, LDN and some surprises!

Lots of love, K xxx

4 comments:

  1. Thank you for the nice review about Spice Couture. Too bad you didn't like it very much, but you can't please everyone, right?
    By the way, the reason why there was "a prominence of the queen more than anything else" is because the line isn't finished yet, so you haven't seen the Snow White outfits yet which stand in a big contrast to these outfits. The rest of the collection will can be seen on http://spicecouture.blogspot.com

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG Thank You for the Great Review Kirsten :*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post "TTT Fashion Weekend - Day 2 Releases! ". fashion styles, beautiful pics. you may like prom dresses uk

    ReplyDelete