f

Wednesday 3 July 2013

TTT Fashion Weekend

So, with the TTT Fashion Weekend schedule being officially released this morning, I definitely am excited for it to come around! In case you haven't seen the schedule, here it is:
The whole weekend looks jam packed with excitement and a whole lot of talent! And Kim even said in her post that there's "lots more information will be posted tomorrow with all kinds of new exciting updates" - so I know there's still the face to announce, but what else could there be? Who knows but it sure sounds great!

So, a quick overview of the schedule(this is just my thoughts, you don't need to agree with what I think=D) - each day is packed with variety, from the type of release(Magazine, Fashion Line, StarDesign) to the creators themselves. Fashion lines make up the abundance of the weekend with a total of 8, I think this is great as we really haven't seen a whole lot of fashion lines around recently, so this will definitely bring them to the front of our minds and hopefully inspire more lines to be made! Magazines are next with a total of 5, this is a good number as magazines take a lot of time and effort, needing around 20 pages with a consistent effort across each one. Finally we have 3 StarDesign lines, this area of Stardoll has always been present in fashion events (I'm thinking of Stardoll Fashion Week here), and I think a small designation to it is quite good, I wouldn't say you need a lot of lines as I think people have a higher interest in seeing magazines and fashion lines - this comes from personal experience, I was a StarDesigner for both of the Stardoll Fashion Weeks that ran, and although I was thrilled to take part(and glad that I did), I felt there was little recognition to StarDesigners, so you don't need 8 or 10 StarDesign lines really. My line in the first SFW sold ok, but got little notice next to .Marcela..'s collection(if any of you remember her!), the second SFW went much better for me, I think I sold in the region of 200-300 of my design, which is fantastic, although it also coincided with me winning NCG, so a lot of people bought for that reason rather than that it was part of SFW.

I am very much looking forward to the surprise which will be featured in each category - I really can't wait to see what they are and who they are by!

So what am I looking forward to most from the releases? I have 3 pieces that I really am psyched to see, those are LDN(Fashion Line by Kim), X(Magazine by Jack) and Versus(Magazine by Kim), it's been a while since I've seen anything like this from Kim so I am stoked to see her own releases =D


So those are my thoughts, but what about yours? What do you think of what's to come?

Love K xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment