f

Tuesday 22 October 2013

StarDesigns

Time is passing so fast just now, like I literally don't know where it has gone! I had an idea a while back, pretty much taken by real life bloggers about how they get sent stuff for free to review, translated into SD, would be designers could send things for a low price in return for my reviewing them - I did this with my Celine tee's way back at the start, and I was hoping to open this up into being able to be sent things to review myself, however I just never got around to it, but today that opportunity came to me! Yay!
Karlla-Gaga, who we all know as a designer goddess pretty much(She has to be one of the most featured dolls on the blog here^^) amazingly has designed two fabulous Chanel inspired bags and has sent me samples to give you guys a little review on =D This is my first one of these, so hopefully it'll be ok!
{The two RL designs her bags are based on}
They both come as StarDesign hair pieces, which is a first for me, I've never particularly been into clothing or accessories as hair, to me it's just not logical! So I'm trying to push that out of my mind while my focus is on these designs. 
So I'll discuss the globe bag first:
My first struggle with this was getting it onto my doll, I'm no StarDesign hair expert, so I found this a little challenging, maybe you guys wont! But it is a well designed bag all the same =) I like it's very much glamorous feel, like I just feel like my doll looks elegant wearing it, no matter what clothing items it's with! It works well with pretty much all colours, so it's a very versatile piece, although it was so versatile that I struggled coming up with my top clothing items to wear with it! In the end I settled for a pink based kinda formal look which I'm really happy with. A point I will make it that as it will sit on top of any clothes you wear you might be limited with some skirts dresses and jackets which cover the hands, because then it just looks like a floating bag - not so good, but that's a design thing on Stardolls side! Overall, I do love this bag =D

Now the green Lego styled bag:
Out of the two, I think I'd pick this one as my favourite. Although it's green colour is slightly less versatile I actually had an easier time styling it! I went for a classic white, but I did find that black also looked fab, along with some other shades, it's pretty much a trial and error for you to see what works with your style and taste =) I found this bag easier to put on, so that drew me to it as well, it's also got a great shape and fit on the body. It also doesn't actually look like hair I find, like it could easily be a bag Stardoll has designed in the accessories section - to me that indicates a fabulously well designed StarDesign Hair item! 

I hope this was a good enough review and that I did the designs justice! If you're wanting to buy one, you can head on over to Karlla-Gaga's page and request one - they are around 100SD's, which may seem a little pricey, but the designs have clearly taken a lot of time and effort and some recognition is needed =) 

Love K xxx

3 comments:

  1. Very impressive! I just love the detail on both purses. I also have to agree with you- time flies very fast.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will need to buy a globe bag!
    I was soooo inspired by chanel
    You can see it on this pics :

    http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-JzMRnefnPmw/Umlowaru2bI/AAAAAAAADJ4/VKGF2ewlhSs/s1600/chanel3.png

    http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-QezeP1LLxR0/UkcwzmVvocI/AAAAAAAADIU/9iQK5K0h-xA/s1600/stylane.png

    http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-20M0IeF5WEI/UlRFlS8tNAI/AAAAAAAADJk/LLYhdQJcpc4/s1600/chanel.png

    xoxo
    xXEwelina1996Xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. i bought both bags and am in love with them very elegant and also well made i can say karlla did a very fine job with this there pricy but well worth the sds somethnig hand made. She also has another bag that i think is just fab also chanel inspired that i will be sure buying soon. Congrats on the post my dear love the post of stardesigners cant wait for the next stardesigner post :]

    ReplyDelete