f

Monday 10 February 2014

Styled Outfit - Midi Skirts

Getting around to doing another Styled Outfits post! I've been meaning to do this one for ages, but whenever I sit down to do it I always get distracted or can't decide which piece to focus on - so this will be on a selection of midi skirts. The above 5 are probably my favourites from my closet, and I've chosen to focus on three of them today:

Skyscraper Stripe Skirt, Versus Versace
This skirt is a bit sheer, so when I wear it I always wear a white pair of bikini bottoms underneath it so it's not just my dolls underwear, but nevertheless I still love this skirt. It does seem pretty hard to style, but once you get it right it can look amazing. I've also not really seen many dolls wearing this around Stardoll, so hopefully I'll inspire more people to give it a shot!
I went for the skirt as my main coloured piece, going for white clothing. I love the knot at the hem of the tee, I think it works well with this skirt, and really dresses it down to a much more casual piece. Then went for a basic white jacket and accessorised with gold heels, taking the colour from the yellow tones of the skirt. Overall I really like this outfit even though it's different to how I've worn the skirt before (if you browse the blog long enough you'll probably find a few stylings with this skirt =D)

Sweet Pea Skirt, Bizou
I saw this skirt last month [ok, December, but it feels like last month] (featured here), and kinda fell in love with it - it was the first time I'd seen it and had never come across it in the Plaza or Bazaar, so I was incredibly lucky to stumble across it on a late night (ahem, someone has become accustomed to going to sleep at 2am and having to get up at 7am - need to break this habit!) Bazaar search =)
Went super summery here, choosing to really play on the boldness of the flowers in the skirt (well the whole skirt really!). Chose basic heels and a top, then chose out pink from the skirt for the cardigan, I think the florals really are too summery to go for a full on jacket, so cardi it was! Undecided on the bag, part of me loves it, another part says 'nah - don't bother!' - so that really is the question, bag or no bag?

Abstract Printed Skirt, Callie's Picks
This was a new addition to the Callie's Picks store recently and I knew I had to buy it once I'd seen it! I definitely think it's a less than conventional piece because it's made to sit pretty low, and all I wanna do it hike it up higher to the waist! So it's not an easy style in my eyes. Saw this look including it from Funnybeach that I wanted to post here:
I love having the white for the rest of the outfit, really making the skirt pop from the screen. And I love all the textures included, I would have thought and assumed that because of all the bold patterning and colours from the skirt that a much more basic rest of outfit would have been required, but this definitely proves me wrong, showing it looks great with all those textures - knitted socks, a lace blouse, that Chanel jacket/cardi =)

No comments:

Post a Comment