f

Friday 5 September 2014

S T R I K E A P O S E | Release Review

So finally today we've had our latest does of Strike A Pose, which Stardoll announced yesterday and I think a lot of us have been looking forward too! I myself missed the last collection so I've been dying to get my hands on pieces like this - so lets check out what we got!
I love the presentation of the store, it's very current and urban, giving a great feel for the items and really makes them desirable I think! There was a good mix of tops/jackets along with skirts and bottom halves - and more basic items which don't change your pose, I love the Perfect Ripped Denim jeans (26SD, 700 pieces) for example and really can't wait to wear them! There's also a guys outfit available, making the collection more widely aimed and hopefully with future collections, there could be an expanded male range like has happened with LE in the past. 
Prices are great in my opinion, ranging from 20 to 140 SD's, but most items don't cost much more than the 60SD mark, which is great at making it very attainable. So in comparison to LE, YH and Tributes, the Strike A Pose items are a lot more popular in considering prices. The store was for SS only, as expected, and was also limited, which meant that the items really did sell out with a click of your fingers! I think it was about 15 minutes, which really doesn't give people much leeway at all.
I though I would purchase quite a lot as soon as I'd seen the spoilers, but after taking a little time trying things on, I think I made some wise choices and only ended up getting 6 items costing just under 300 SD's.
So also from the non-posed items I also bought the Tan Streetstyle Overcoat along with its Charcoal counterpart - it does seem a little silly having a posed store and then, of half the items I bought, they weren't posed! But they are great items to have, and with only 800 of each available, people did go kinda crazy over them! I went for the Sequin Trousers W Blazer (70SD, 100 pieces) as my on-the-fence piece, I think if I hadn't bought then I would have regretted it, so I look forward to challenging myself to come up with a variety of different looks for them. And then for top half clothing I couldn't resist the Fashion Shoot Pose (45SD, 1000 pieces) and the Stockholm Jacket W Purse (45SD, 800 pieces) which I think both have quite an elegant/classic feel to them!
Overall, I can't wait to wear each of the pieces and also see how others wear theirs! What did you guys buy? And how have you worn the items so far?

No comments:

Post a Comment