f

Saturday 11 October 2014

P R E T T Y 'N L O V E | Release Review

This week has been very busy, but I managed to get a lot of stuff done, so that was good, unfortunately posting took a back burner! However yesterday we got a new release of Pretty 'n Love - these are always usually pretty good because they always have versatile pieces with decent prices, so lets take a look:
There are very autumn-y colours in this release and I particularly like that deep raspberry/burgundy ones. Prices range from 5 to 25SD's, with just a couple of pieces in coins which I thought a little disappointing as Pretty 'n Love usually does deliver well on the coin front.
Stardoll has also really worked on textures in this release with the velvet, which I love seeing and think more would be great in the Plaza! The florals and pastels seem a little too 'Spring' to me, however there's nothing wrong with the pieces themselves and the patternings on them are nice- the Ink Print Top for example.
The appeal with this is definitely more aimed at the girlier/feminine styles really, but hey, the shop is called Pretty 'n Love, so it's what it says on the tin really! In general the pieces really would be easy to slip into your current closets so everything is pretty wearable.
I ended up buying 4 items, which I think are the easiest to style or most versatile pieces of the release, and it did come to around 50SD's, a price I wasn't expecting, I am pretty happy with my purchases and I'm even including some styled outfits with them to maybe give you guys some ideas =)
I ended up going for one look for each piece, I think I love the Linen Shawl the most, and I really look forward to putting together more looks for it, I'm seeing it as a key piece for this season in my Stardoll closet, plus it's only 10SD's =)

So what do you guys think of the release and what I've done with the pieces? Comment below - also post a picture if you think you've styled one of the new items particularly well!

5 comments:

  1. I love your outfits! I didn't really like this collection but you made me change my mind ;) My favourite style is the second one, verry nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I styled the Peachy Cardi from this collection and you can find it in my suite on Stardoll if you want to see it :) I really like how you have styled these items and I quite liked this collection!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like your outfits here. My favorite piece from the collection is the Peachy Cardi. This is the outfit I made with it: http://i.imgur.com/5nWYgZG.png

    ReplyDelete
  4. my favorite piece was the Valentino inspired purple dress, so cute! I love how you styled the peachy cardi and the printed sweater, you should do a post about styling wide leg trousers! there are a couple good ones around!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well the first and the last outfit are my faves though I find all four of them absolutely adorable ! Those wide leg white pants are a keeper,amazing ! lovelylovelylovely

    ReplyDelete