f

Monday 22 December 2014

C H A N E L | Tribute Review

So we've been anticipating this release all weekend and it's finally here! All over the blogs and social media people have been talking about Chanel, so I'm being sure to get this review up promptly! I love the homepage ad, the models just really stand out to me (whether I've considered this before, I'm not sure) and really entice me to go to the store and purchase items (Plus I love that cute little topknot^)!
The Christmas theme is evident though both floors and the clothing items come from this seasons Chanel with a good mix of accessories in there too! There's a wonderful variety of pieces available in this release so I really think everyone will find something that works for them, although there will be some token very popular pieces amongst everything - this time I'm feeling the bags (particularly the Chanel Shopping Basket and the Chanel Pearls Bag), the Leather Trenchcoat and the Striped Cashmere Shawl
Prices range from 15 to 42 SD's, which is very much as expected for a Chanel Tribute, and I don't feel anything is overpriced that I wouldn't pay it (most items are 20's to mid-30's). Last years Christmas Chanel release cost up to 64 SD's so we're getting off a little lighter! I have seen quite a few complaints about the prices this time around, but in my experience most members won't be buying everything, so it shouldn't total to too much if you're careful about what you buy!
I ended up buying a lot (certainly helped fill up my gift-o-meter!), not really whole looks, but pieces that I could wear with other items in my closet already. Didn't buy any of the shoes, wasn't really a fan of them this time around, but did get most of the bags - these are great this collection! So now a couple of styled outfits, and I gotta say I'm loving the feathered fur pieces so much more than I thought I would:

2 comments:

  1. I love the outfits you did with the fur skirts and the ones with the red skirt... PERFECT!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely adore the first outfit! Such a clever choice - the leather jacket looks great with an elegant dress :)

    I think this collection is fantastic! Of course there are a few "hmm.." items, but overall there are so many must-haves!! The bags - their variety-from classic 2.55 to Lait de Coco and the outerwear are definitely the best part of this release. And the quality, just wow!! Reminds me of the old good times and first tributes - Givenchy, YSL. It`s much better than Zuhair Murad.

    ReplyDelete