f

Tuesday 20 October 2015

Q U I L T E D M E T A L L I C J A C K E T

This Quilted Metallic Jacket has been sitting in on of my 'style' rooms for a very long time waiting for me to finally put together this post - and hey, I've gotten around to it! It's from Velvet Orchid and costs 18SD's which is about average for a jacket. I also think I've happened to include it in a few outfits recently, so I've been getting my moneys worth. The colour is also great, it's kinda bronzed gold and is pretty on trend - I love it's ability to work with neutral colours and those really are what I've focussed on when putting together these outfits.
My first look is all neutral, with these DKNY white trousers and a chunky knit sweater - the jacket is already showing versatility, getting a sweater underneath is a huge bonus when wanting to style winter looks! The colour of the jacket and sweater definitely have similarities, but I do feel they are complimentary. I also used white in my second look, but from the shirt. This might be a little too contrasty I think now that I'm writing this, but I think the overall pairing of these hareem trousers and the jacket works superbly^ I'm not so sure of my final look - the top works well, I like the style, shape and colour, but the trousers aren't as good with the jacket. So dark bottoms are perhaps not the way to go with this piece, but it was worth giving them a try =)

What do you guys think of the jacket and my looks? Let me know in comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment