f

Thursday 3 November 2016

E P I P H A N Y | Release Review

Last week brought our next jewellery release from Epiphany! I adore the heading so much, all that bronze and gold just makes me feel autumnal and warm inside, they really do know how to sell it to me^ The ad also shows off a good range of pieces and gives a good idea of the variety in store for you!
Highlights There are two floors with this release, and they're definitely pretty well packed and with a good range of items to choose between - and styles too, there's a lot of different pieces which I think will cater well to a lot of different tastes. Plus there are a couple of makeup pieces for those who like that sort of thing =)
Necklaces For me the necklaces are the huge focus of this collection, which totally suits me as I buy necklaces a lot (and sometimes never wear them^)! The range, as I mentioned, is really good with a lot of different styles and textures and additions to them to choose from. There's metallics, jewels, velvet, chokers, bright colours, dainty pieces, chunkier pieces ... a whole lot of everything! Chokers are definitely a hugely popular style at the moment and so I see them as definite favourites of the release - so that's the Velvet Star Chocker, Emerald Stone Chocker, Melting Gold Chocker, Regal Chocker, Velvet Gem Chocker and Tassel Chocker - they sure do cover most of the store offerings! I love the more minimal pieces, and you'll see me style those later in this post, but on my second good look around I'm really feeling that Melting Gold Chocker. It's something a little different in the category being quite a thick metallic band, but I think it would work well in looks and as a focal point of looks too, so I think I might be giving that one a go soon! The Regal Chocker is definitely for the glitzy glam dolls, all those jewels on it are fabulous and I adore the green and navy tones to them, a perfect seasonal piece. Speaking of jewels you could also go for the Opulent Stones Necklace or the Net And Stones Necklace which are also blue toned. The first reminds me of Mawi pieces while I think I maybe prefer the second, I can see it looking cool in a whole different style for me! And of course there are more minimal pieces too, for me the Leaves Necklace really stands out in this category with its unique shape around the neck and the pretty leaf pieces in gold and silver^
Extras On top of the necklaces there are a good range of other pieces, earrings, bracelets, rings and headpieces, but I'm really impressed with the inclusion of brooches - the Diamond Star Brooch and the Diamond Eye Brooch. The ring, the Crystal Beetle Ring looks so beautiful, the colours are very pretty. The Art Deco Bracelet also stands out and I think it could make a great summer piece, it reminds me of Greece very much!
Prices This release ranges from 8 to 24SD, which at the top end does seem quite expensive if you want to buy a couple of items, it could add up pretty quickly - but if you think about what pieces suit you and what you're maybe missing from your current jewellery then maybe you can make smart choices for your money^
Features Now I have to say, I haven't seen many people styling these pieces, but I was glad to see one of the brooches, the Diamond Eye Brooch, be worn in this look by Sportif532, I think it suits the green well and this shirt especially with the tie detail at the neck - it's definitely something to experiment with!
Styled Outfits In the end I went with necklaces for my doll and styled both the Velvet Star Chocker and the Emerald Stone Chocker, and I really stuck to my regular sort of looks, showing that these jewellery pieces are pretty easy to add to your regular style and adding something a little extra to the looks. For the first look I went with a classic all-black style, I love the polo with the necklace, I think it really helps the gold stand out. Then I added to the red with this burgundy clutch combination^ For the second look I went light on the opposite end of the spectrum, in turn this really lets the green gems shine, and I couldn't not go for these matching emerald boots^

No comments:

Post a Comment