f

Wednesday 23 November 2016

M M F A S H I O N | Release Review

Again, this store came out a while back, but this is the first chance I've got to post about this latest MM Fashion release! These releases can be quite hit or miss, but usually there are a few great items included that I find myself not able to live without!! The homepage ad looks pretty stylish, and maybe a little summery^
Highlights So we got two floor with this release of MM Fashion, the same we got the last time, but more than the previous 1 floor releases from this store. The theme is definitely summer fashion with a bright and light feel to the pieces and not really winter-style in sight! I don't mind this so much, but I'm happy for the challenge to get the pieces working in the current season. There is also a look for the guys, but I don't see it as anything too special.
Accessories There are a few choices on the accessories front, but it's quite a minimal range - two of shoes, bags and jewellery. The shoes come in fab glamorous colours, the Sequin Covered Pumps in a great blue and the Gold Knot Heels which are more of a sandal style. I'm quite tempted by the blue, but I'm happy to think about that one for a while before making my mind up. With the bags you can either go cross-body with the MM Signature Crossbody Bag in a great bright red or the MM Signature Handbag in a sweet blush pink. I love the colours of both of them, I think they really do stand out as great pieces from the entire collection. Then with the jewellery, I love the hooped sort of theme with the two pieces, the Double Hoop Earrings and the Gold Pleated Silver Choker (which doesn't look silver at all ... or fit the name!) and I really like both, but then again they're both gold so that's probably a given!
Clothing And next up the clothing! So the first floor contains a lot of lighter colours with a focus on pale pink, I like pink so this suits me just fine^ The focal point of this floor is definitely the Kendall Inspired Feather Cropped Top and Pastel Pink Trousers, which are definitely quite the style statement and I have to say I've not seen anyone go for these yet. I purchased the top and I plan on putting that into a look on What I Wore On Stardoll quite soon, but I think the trousers might be one step too much for me! Also on the floor is the Frills And Lace Playsuit which has great colour and lace detail but I think I'd rather it was a pair of shorts and a top as separates for the wearability factor, the Color Block Swimsuit, and the matching Crisscross Blouse and Asymmetrical Striped Skirt. I really quite like the Crisscross Blouse best of this floor, the colour is sweet and I really like the neat detailing across the top half along with the sleeve length and hem style and I look forward to getting this piece out in the spring! The second floor is much more blue with a nautical style focus, and I found a lot of pieces really grabbing my attention on this floor. There's not so much one focal look as there are three with this floor, the Cut Out Halter Dress, Polka Dot Bow Dress and the Flared Jumpsuit - with the last of the three being my favourite of them. Now this piece looks completely different in the store to when you put it on and zoom in - in the store it almost looks like a palm-print on a minimal scale, but pop it on and do a little zoom ... it's pinstriped, and just about a completely different colour! I think the stripes look really great, so it would be good if they were clearer, but it doesn't bother me all that much. The shape of the piece is fab, love the sleeves and the cool knotted pieces across the middle, I think it'll be perfect for next summer! That's not all from the floor though, there are three other looks and I really struggled not to buy everything! The Trumpet Sleeved Striped Sweater fits in with the jumpsuit style somewhat and I actually find myself loving it, I really like the contrast of the sleeves and the body with the colours chosen, and I think they work really nicely together. This is definitely one of the pieces which is a lot more useful all year round and isn't so much limited to spring or summer. Then there are two skirt+top combinations on offer, the Notted Cropped Top with the Off White Asymmetrical Skirt and the Asymmetrical Bow Top with the A Line Stripe Skirt and they're very beach/pier styles to wear I think, although the Asymmetrical Bow Top is very glamorous and sheen-y with the tone and material used, not so fitting with the collection but still a great piece^ 
Prices This release ranged from 10 to 25SD's, with some SC items and a couple of pieces as SS/Royalty only. I think this is pretty good for prices, with just a couple of items above 20SD's, I think it's pretty affordable - unless you buy a lot like I did, then the cost adds up quickly!
Styled Outfits I was quite excited to get to these, I did end up buying quite a lot and I really wanted to stick with my 'trying something different' mood too! So firstly the Asymmetrical Bow Top, I love the blue and I kinda wanted to go all out with it but I didn't have anything quite the right shade, so this black style is what came out instead, but I still really like it! I tried to keep a slightly glamorous feel while adding the slouched casual feel trousers - the slicked back hair definitely helped! Then the look in the middle with the Trumpet Sleeved Striped Sweater, definitely the 'surprise' choice for me as I think a lot of you wouldn't regard it as my style, but I loved working with it and keeping up the stripes with these trousers, the pair are a fab fit together! Stayed pretty minimal with the rest of the accessories too, but love the yellow belt there^ And the last look, styling the Off White Asymmetrical Skirt in a light winter-ish styled look. I really wanted to get something brighter in the mix and this look fills that quota^ I really liked using boots with the skirt and these beige ones are the perfect choice. Stayed super minimal, but I think it's really effective for the skirt, showing off the shape and the stripes =D

No comments:

Post a Comment