f

Friday 2 December 2016

S T A R D O L L F E A T . | Release Review

It was definitely a very long time ago now, but we got a brand new store, Stardoll Feat. in the plaza! This comes from the summer contest to design a Tribute, now to be honest I never really understood the contest, I thought the winner would pick a designer that they liked in RL and there would be another Tribute store themed on that designer and to me that's totally not what we got ... but maybe I just misunderstood! I'm not really a fan of the homepage advert so I don't feel like it gives me a good idea for the store from there.
Highlights So there were 3 winners chosen and therefore a floor for each one, although the items don't seem to be spread evenly with less items for some and more for others, which didn't seem entirely fair. But there is a really good range in terms of style, I think it will cover a lot of different tastes =)
Accessories There isn't so much a focus on accessories with the release, with just 6 pairs of shoes really! There is a fair range available in the pieces, but I think the attraction definitely comes on the third floor with the pieces from Frankieiz12. Boots are perfect for winter stylings and the release definitely came at a perfect time for them. Taller styles are hugely popular, so I think both the Clear Boots and brown Thigh Highs are good sellers, however I do love the Knit Boots too, the calf height is something a little different and I like the contrast between the sole and basis of the boot.
Clothing The range lies in the clothing and I'd agree that each of the floors of the store really has its own category. I'll start by saying that the first floor really doesn't appeal to me in the slightest, the pieces aren't really that attractive for my doll and I would struggle to see them looking fantastic in an outfit, maybe the only slight saving grace is the High Waisted Destroyed Denim Skirt, I think it could be quite reasonable in stylings and the floor could be a lot better if they followed suit with it^ The second floor has a very classic feel to it, much more minimal and neutral and calming, it definitely gets my thumbs up! Having said that though, there is a huge amount of similarity in these items as to ones we've had previously in a variety of stores, like the Grey Wool Culottes, White Bow Blouse, Victorian Dress and White Lace Dress, which do take up most of the collection. I like all 4 of the pieces, but I don't really feel much incline to make a purchase on them. My favourite piece from this floor though is definitely the Black Jumper, it's got a cool knit pattern, a high polo neck, and a really nice fit on the doll with some cool billowing sleeves. It's different to what we've had previously and I'm really enjoying sweaters right now, so it's quite perfect =D The Victorian Grey Coat is also a very pretty piece, although I wish the fur collar was an optional accessory because I think I'd use it more without it. The final, third, floor I think is the one which has seemed most popular with most people so far, am I right?! The choices are very current and very street-style and I think that's what a lot of people want right now with their clothing, lots of oversized-ness and long sleeves and grey! There are 3 sweaters, the Layered Oversize Sweater, Long Sleeve With XL Arms and Black Hoodie With XL Arms and I've seen a lot of each being worn. I'm more of a fan of the two grey choices, I think the hood up over the head is a little more limiting in style options but I've seen people work well with it nonetheless! I quite like the High Waisted Skirt, the shape is nice and I think the colour really suits my doll well, so I think this is a piece I'd buy to give some stylings a go^ The Off Shoulder Bomber is definitely a big hit, there have been so many stylings of it and I'd say it has been the overall favourite of this release.
Prices The collection ranges from 20 to 38SD's which does add up quite quickly within the collection. Some items definitely seem overpriced for what they are, especially the more minimal styles and items we've had similar of previously.
Styled Outfits So I didn't make a huge number of purchases from this release but I'm happy with the pieces I did get. Firstly the Frankieiz12 Knit Boots which I really wore in a 'typical me' way, no surprises there! I love the pale colour with the dark burgundy, and the darker tones definitely allow some attention to the lighter one at the feet, definitely boots which are perfect for the season and current style! Then I made two stylings with the Charley24 Black Jumper. In the middle I went with some colour but used a lot of leather pieces in there with the jacket and the bag. The trousers are a good choice as they do have a lot of black in them so fit pretty nicely with the sweater. And then my look on the right I kept to all black choosing something a little more classic but really keeping a street vibe with the boots and belt and adding a little variation with my bag choice =)
Features There are clear popular pieces from this release so I tried to showcase a range of items with these features for you! Firstly diamonds_guns who has gone with the Frankieiz12 Off Shoulder Bomber in a classic black styling. I really liked the accessories with this one, the flat patent boots are a really good style fit and I love the glamorous feel added by the chain necklace, it fits surprisingly well with the outfit!
Next wearing the Frankieiz12 Clear Boots and the Frankieiz12 Layered Oversize Sweater is GossipGirlSBC. I love the white and light tones to this look, and the sweater looks great with the polo neck and the layered wrap skirt underneath. The bag is a great match too, I like the effect of lots happening with it and the layered and folds of the sweater =)
Next up JanetteLow, going with the Frankieiz12 Long Sleeve With XL Arms styled in a cool oversized manner with a pair of my favourite trousers from PPQ. Love the accessories, they're pretty perfect for the style of both clothing items, the long tie belt, cute little Gucci bag, large frame glasses and very awesome ankle boots!
And last up is natusia_182 styling the Charley24 Black Jumper in a cool jeans casual look with awesome accessories! I like the contract of colours with the jeans and it's only emphasised more with the navy velvet boots. The blue tassels also definitely catch my attention too, a great way to add creativity to a look =D

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. please tell me what brand are the black boots of the third doll!!!

    ReplyDelete