f

Monday 15 May 2017

R U F F L E H E M B L O U S E

I bought this next Styled Outfits piece in the Bazaar last month, and it's certainly made a mark in my stylings having earned a couple already! This is the Ruffle Hem Blouse from Callie's Picks and I managed to pick it up pretty cheaply in the Bazaar so it shouldn't be tricky to find more^ It has the popular one-shoulder styling and a very cool ruffled style which is nipped in at the waist adding a little peplum - a whole lot of different features in this one piece!
Despite styling it with a lot of different colours in the past few weeks, I struggled to stay away from the black pieces for pairing, they just work so well, and even though there's black trousers in them all, each look has a different vibe^ First off, a whole lot more ruffles! These trousers are pretty great for adding emphasis to an outfit and I think they suit the peplum of the top really well. I love belts with this top to highlight the waist, and so yellow was my accessory colour of choice this time - it works out nicely I think! Secondly I went with these pleather style trousers which are textured very similarly to the top which works well and it's a pretty slimming combination on my doll. Gold was my choice this time, although I don't think the belt is as effective as the thinner one in the first look. And my last look, the only one with outerwear and is definitely more evening-attire aimed. The trousers come across loose and baggy in this styling, so I think the smarter jacket balances out any unflattering-ness^ Really like the bow shoes with the top though, and the silver bag, it's definitely an eyecatcher =D