f

Friday 21 July 2017

I N S P I R E D B Y G U C C I | Tribute Review

This week brought us our second Tribute of the season - Gucci! I think I was expecting Gucci this season, but not the collection that we got! I have to say, I don't really like the homepage advert. I don't see a good link between it and the store and I don't think it advertises the brand or fashions well at all, which is quite disappointing.
Highlights I'll start by saying that I really did try - but I struggle to like this collection at all. I like a good range of pieces in a collection as much as anyone, but this is just a bit too 'mmmyeah' for me. It's really quite a disappointment to me =/ There are two floors of pieces and quite a few male pieces, which is a good step and I think a lot of people will be pleased with this. And a side note, I do think the interior looks lovely, if only the collection had been more in line with it!
Accessories It's a small yet creative selection of accessories with this store, they're very much stand out pieces and seem to be made to be worn as the focal point. Upon initial inspections, I find it hard to see things that would easily slip into my own style - a common theme with my thoughts on this release. There are three bags, all on a red theme, and the red tone is a super pretty one, not too bright but at the same time not too dull - it's just right^ They range in size too, going from smallest to largest with the Gucci Inspired Red Belt Bag, Loved Bamboo Handbag and Gucci Inspired Oversized Belt Bag. They are all pretty nice and probably are the most wearable items of the collection, so far I've just bought one piece, but I'm definitely considering both others =) And then with shoes, also three pairs but all pretty different from each other. In terms of high fashion, they all meet the criteria, but the Satin Dragon Boots come out on top, although they definitely require a certain finesse of styling! The Snake Kitten Heel Boots are somewhat of an edgier choice in darker colours - I like the style, but they don't suit my doll sadly. The final pair is pretty cute, and the pair which I bought, the Retro Block Heels which are in a super pretty pink and red combination with pearl decorations. I really like the block heel on them and this is one piece I'm excited to style. There are a few other items included in the accessories, something different in the Gucci Catwalk Inspired Crystal Lips and also glittering are the Gucci Inspired Crystal Glasses.
Clothing The pieces of clothing sure do meet an artistic flair and fashionable theme, if not so much meeting wearability^ I'm not seeing a clear theme throughout the pieces, but maybe it's my minimal taste that isn't used to all the colour and patterns. It's also quite a small selection of clothing for a Tribute release, with just 9 pieces. There is some focus on pinks, with bows prominent on the Gucci Inspired Dotted Bow Blouse and Gucci Inspired Dotted Bow Gown and I like their combination with sheer polka dots. The dress has a pretty flowing feel and is definitely the more feminine of the pieces. Also in pink is the Blind For Love Dress, which I am actually pretty tempted by - the colour is good and I like the midi length and the fitted style, I just don't think the top part suits my doll all that well, but that's probably something that I can work around. There are 2 other dresses, the artistic designed Gucci Inspired Embroidered Gown which sure needs a special occasion, then the slightly more casual but rather bright Angry Cat Poncho which sure is something. I think I would like it more if it was a cute fitted sweater, maybe even a cropped piece, but I just can't bring myself to buy it as it is! And there are a couple of skirts which are both quite nice, but I don't think are me at all, the Pleated Rose Skirt which is just to the knee in length and has somewhat of a more traditional pattern. I like the colouring of it but I can't see myself getting enough wear out of it. Then there's the Wild Cat Midi Skirt, again not really me, but I'm really considering buying it after seeing the features below =D
Prices The store ranges from 5 to 38SD's, with the items available for everyone. I don't think the prices are too outrageous on the whole, but the accessories do seem pretty pricey for what they are which was a little of a disappointment.
Styled Outfits I made pretty minimal purchases from this collection, so far though I think I'm happy with my choices - although for only 3 items a cost of over 60SD's is a little high considering two pieces were accessories! First the Gucci Inspired Dotted Bow Blouse which I paired with more dots in this perfectly matching pair of trousers, and I also continued with the pink in this furry jacket and belt. A pink bag would have been nice too, but my choice would have taken the attention away from the blouse! Secondly the Retro Block Heels in a typical red and pink styling to match. I was glad for another opportunity to wear these trousers, I think the colour is a good fit for the heels and I couldn't help but choose pink to finish the look, this biker jacket really adds to the smart touch that the outfit has and I really like it on my doll. The last look is with the Loved Bamboo Handbag which I wasn't sure so much how to style and I definitely decided to take some chances over what pieces to use. I stayed a little more minimal and used the navy portion of the bag to choose my skirt and kinda took it from there with more minimal clothing to let the colours pop a little - I quite like it, whether it works well or not is another questions!
Features I didn't find so many features for this post either - I think overall it's just not such a popular collection however these stylings are still amazing! First up a couple of looks with the Wild Cat Midi Skirt. This one is from aby400 in somewhat of a wintery styling pairing the skirt with this grey overcoat which matches the print pretty well actually. I like the little silver additions of the accessories too, they work well for the skirt =)
And then also pandaribbon in an autumn styling with all those reds and browns making the skirt pop with its paler tones. I love the pairing with this sweatshirt, the bear head looks awesome with the printing on the skirt, maybe somewhat of a risk but I think it works well especially with the other components. The red pops perfectly and highlights the reds on the skirt, I love the stripes used under the sweater, a great idea!
Then Isabella8103 is looking quite awesome and rainbow-styled in the Gucci Inspired Cat Knit, the male version of the Angry Cat Poncho! This is a great look for the piece, and the billowing bright skirt really does a favour for the rainbow stripes on the sweater. Love the orange bag with yellow keychain/earring keeping it bright, but the more muted coat really does a good job for the styling =)

1 comment:

  1. I totally agree with your review... when I saw the items from Gucci tribute I found them quite deluding. Maybe because I tend to compare tributes and Gucci has never satisfied my taste... too flashy

    ReplyDelete