f

Wednesday 18 October 2017

M R | Styled By You / / Styled By Me

At the end of last week our latest Plaza release was 2 new floors of Mr. so while this doesn't hugely impress me one piece in particular stood out to me, and I think it stood out to everyone else too! The Gathered Sleeve Sweatshirt is an oversized navy sweatshirt with standout grey and white stripes around the bottom and sleeves and some very cool fringing elements to the sleeves - a lot of things which are stylish right now and I can see, despite the price, which it's been purchased by so many people! I think this is definitely an interesting addition to my wardrobe =)
Features So many people have been styling this sweater, but these 3 looks in particular caught my eye. First up AvrilkaTH13 has gone in a lighter direction, choosing velvet pink boots, which I think is a lovely surprise pairing, and keeping up the femininity with the frilled collar which looks pretty awesome. The necklace is another great addition and it breaks up the heavy block of navy in the style. This bag is a perfect one for the sweater^ Secondly hankipankidoni going darker, choosing a pair of loose leg trousers, I like the navy against the black and the tags on the trousers match the sweater really nicely. And no scrimping on the frills here either, using them on the socks this time which looks nice with these pointed shoes. Really like the hat and earrings with this one too^ And thirdly tolady, again wearing the sweater as a dress but choosing black thigh-high boots in a more classic styling for this piece. The black colour is continued in the cross-body bag, the style of which I think is perfect for this sweater, and also in the hat, a popular style addition these days! I like the touch of the single earring too, the little bit of red looks nice against the colours of the look =D
Styled Outfit Now I don't think I've styled this sweater nearly as well as any of these features above, but I gave it a good go, it's just a style I'm not 100% comfortable with in putting together! I went mostly with white pieces so the stripes on the sweater would stand out and with my first look that's the skinny trousers I picked. I did go for some blue accessories, but I don't know if these work out as well as the white pieces in my second look - I absolutely love these boots with the sweater which you'll have recently seen in my Plaza Picks post! These with the sweater is a combination I'd go for again. I struggled a little with white bags, nothing I had was quite what I had in mind but I think this one does the job for now =)

No comments:

Post a Comment